Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pledge Update

Last month I wrote about a very cool site called the Mast Tree Network. Tons of great information.

I also wrote about their Pledge Drive, asking people to commit to planting an oak tree yet this year. If just the people with whom I exchange acorns would sign the pledge we'd up to the 20 the site authors are asking for!

Regular readers of this site can be counted on one hand (and mostly have the last name "Siems") but most plant dozens if not thousands of oaks per year... so let's everyone fill out the pledge!

(If you're keeping score you'll notice that I have committed but not yet planted. I have three bur oaks I started from acorns in pots this summer that I'll be planting at a natural area at my kids' elementary school - protected by tree tubes of course!)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for promoting the pledge again! I've got four young swamp whites sitting in pots waiting to go out in the next few weeks, too.

    I've been wondering, would you be interested in doing a guest post (or several) for the MTN? I can't offer $, only backlinks, but I'd love to share your perspective on my site. Drop me a line at mast.tree.network[at]gmail[dot]com if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete