Thursday, May 6, 2010

New Title For My Business Card: Wild Eyed Acorn Enthusiast

While searching for a source of acorn oil, I came across this:

Acorn Oil is oil pressed from acorns. Some acorns are more than 30% oil.

It is pressed from Spanish and north-west African acorns, rather than the bitter ones in Europe and North America. Some wild-eyed acorn enthusiasts think that Acorn Oil might be the next big thing.

It is made and used in Algeria and Morocco, and made to some small extent in Spain.


This is not the same thing as the distilled acorn oil sold in North America to hunters to use to mask their human scent with.

Of course I resent the reference to our bitter acorns in North America. I have eaten local bur oak acorns right off the tree without leaching, and with very minimal leaching most of our native acorns are great.

... but there I go again, being a wild eyed acorn enthusiast!

1 comment:

  1. I am wondering if you can tell me where to buy acorn oil? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete