Friday, April 9, 2010

Acorn Flour In St. Paul

I started reading Michael Pollan's In Defense Of Food and have gotten inspired to do what I set out to do last fall: Add more acorns to my diet. Eat the way people did before we forgot how to eat and became grainaholics. Become a balanophage - at least in part.

To understand what a huge deal this is for me, you have to understand something about me: I loathe cooking. I hate all forms of food preparation. I am never more stressed than when I'm in the kitchen with more than 1 burner on at a time. OK, with just 1 burner on at a time.

Pollan says: Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly plants.
For most of my life my philosophy has been: Eat food. Lots. Mostly chips & cheese.

I have a fridge full of acorns, but I can't stand the thought of not planting and growing those acorns this spring to produce more trees. So, I have gone in search of a source of acorn flour. I found one: Kim's Oriental Market on Snelling Ave in St. Paul. Heading there Monday, baking Monday night.

Alert the fire department.

No comments:

Post a Comment